Foolproof’s vision is to improve the lives of billions of people, by helping them to live differently through the experiences we design.
We are looking for another exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design to join our creative studio. They will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients.
Foolproof fosters a supportive environment in which you can continue to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Our front-end developers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside the business.
As part of our three-stage interview process, you will be expected to present examples of your work that demonstrates your ability to deliver front-end code for complex interaction design problems, and then undertake a practical front-end development task.
- Experience with Git and version control.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Experience of industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision and so on).
- Familiar with atomic design and front-end development principles.
- Understanding of W3C and WCAG accessibility guidelines and implementing AA standards on a build.
- Experience or exposure to working with AJAX.
- Experience using frameworks like Angular 2, React, Vuejs as well as web services and RESTful APIs is a plus.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and full stack development teams is a plus.
- Experience of evaluative research as a way of validating and iterating solutions is preferable, using rapid wireframing and prototyping tools is a plus.
- Accountable for writing and developing front-end code to meet the requirements of the product, project or program owner.
- Presenting rationale for the decisions taken to clients, under the guidance of Principal Developers and the Creative Director.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints or objectives.
- Proactively share project progress for review by your peers and the rest of the studio.
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Working collaboratively with the design team so you can understand the design and brief before starting any work.
- Collaborate with members of the project team (including designers and back-end developers) to consistently improve functionality and user-friendliness of the web applications.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the development industry and any advancements in technology and share your knowledge with the studio and the wider business.
- Optimize websites and applications to ensure fast loading speeds.
- A creative, inquisitive mind set.
- An insistence on following human centered design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, regular reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share,
25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in a culture of learning and development. You will be provided
with a mentor and line manager to monitor your progress, and access to a training budget to help you deepen and widen your skills.
We hold Smart Sessions each Wednesday where Foolproofers share their knowledge with the rest of the team, and quarterly company away days, where we share our experiences, and prototype new ways of thinking.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV, covering note and portfolio to our HR Coordinator: email@example.com