Graphic Communications Assistant
Norwich (maternity cover)
You will be responsible for supporting on, designing, and updating a variety of materials across the business. Attention to detail, graphics skills/design and the ability to work with people from all disciplines and levels will be key success factors for this role.
We are expecting this contract to be one-year maternity cover role. The opportunity is based in our Norwich office but will require you to travel between our UK-based offices. We will review candidates looking for full time or part time working hours. This role offers flexible working hours for the right candidate.
- Pitches & proposals: working with the pitch team you will artwork all supporting documentation as needed, which often includes updating PowerPoint decks. This will require you to organise your time effectively to accommodate (usually) very short timescales. PowerPoint, stakeholder management, attention to detail and accuracy will be key to this part of the role.
- Marketing collateral: design and manage the delivery of marketing collateral when required such as business cards, adverts, promotional material, social media and website graphics. Knowledge of both digital and print are necessary.
- Design support: assist the business in correctly applying our identity to all printed and digital communications such as PowerPoint presentations, reports and proposals. You will need to foster relationships in the business and assert yourself as the go-to person for design support.
- Quality control: monitor the visual quality of communications leaving the business, and provide on-the-job training to the team as required. There is a process in place for quality control, but you will proactive in optimising this process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Can show evidence of consistently having applied a visual brand identity to a variety of printed and digital assets.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Can work to tight deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders from various disciplines and levels, including the owners of the business.
- Some experience with photography.
- Commercial experience of 1-2 years is ideal, but not necessary.
A Foolproof Graphic Communications Assistant must have a broad range of skills and qualities:
Passion and creative thinking: Foolproof is passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-added services to our clients. This requires a degree of passion for what we do and creative thinking to ensure that everything we do is a success.
Collaborative: You must be able to collaborate and communicate with our consultants right across our business, making yourself available to help them produce brilliant work to tight timescales.
Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from a simple email to a client presentation.
Multitasking: You will need to be able to manage multiple projects at once, and have the ability to prioritise projects as work comes in.
We pay well and we are generous with bonuses and other rewards for high-performers.
On top of that, like any company which is serious about keeping and developing talented people, we have excellent benefits like profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contribution pension scheme, death in service cover, private medical cover and personal training budgets.
The social side of Foolproof is legendary. We spend a lot of time and money making sure that people have the opportunity to get to know and trust each other. We also commit time and energy to sharing knowledge and expertise: every day you will have the chance to learn new stuff from a large group of smart, talented people.
How to apply
- As part of the application process, we will require:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter explaining how you meet the required skills and essential qualities.
- Some relevant work examples.
Please send these by email to Carolina Franca at firstname.lastname@example.org