Reporting to a Senior Project Manager you will provide project management support across a range of client account teams.
You will be responsible for planning, executing and delivering user-centred design and customer research projects. As project manager you will understand the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle including acquiring resource, coordinating team members and/or contractors. Ultimately, you will be responsible for making sure projects are completed to time, budget and our high standards.
This role would suit someone with at least three year’s relevant project management experience specifically in managing digital experience design projects.
- Manage projects from beginning to end including:
- Scoping: Define project scope, goals and deliverables, project plans and budgets. Where required negotiate with departmental managers for required personnel.
- Communication: Liaise effectively with internal and external project teams and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Tracking: Plan, schedule and track project milestones and deliverables, recommend budget changes where necessary.
- Crisis management: Proactively manage scope changes, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Manage and motivate project teams – usually consisting of 1-5 consultants and/or contractors.
- Support client services teams in proposal writing.
- Build and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Required skills and experience
- At least three years’ relevant project management experience specifically in digital design projects and UX, and, ideally, formal training in a project methodology (e.g. Prince 2 , Agile) which facilitates project planning, scheduling and management.
- Accustomed to handling budgets in excess of £100k and an annual portfolio in excess of £1M.
- A sound understanding of the creative design process.
- A sound understanding of internet technologies.
- A degree in a technical, information design and/or science-related subject is preferable.
- Advanced user of basic Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Project).
- Proven experience following the principles of a successful project methodology.
- Experience managing project teams of two or more designers.
- Experience/understanding of set-up requirements for user research programmes.
- Excellent client relationship skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions.
- Excellent communication skills: You must be fully-confident taking on a client-facing role with the necessary skills required to work with and manage clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Passion and creative thinking: We’re passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-added services to our clients.
- Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation. Achieving this, especially when under pressure, is a critical success factor for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborate thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to Georgina Syed, HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org