London or Norwich
Be the kingpin of your project team at Europe’s biggest user experience design specialist.
You will be the project manager for one of our largest global client accounts whose services affect millions of customers around the world. You will be working with project management teams from across the globe in Mexico, New York, Shanghai and Hong Kong. You will also be working closely with senior stakeholders.
Do you enjoy being in the thick of it and making things happen? Good! This role is responsible for planning, executing and delivering a diverse range of digital design, customer research focused projects ranging from one week to two months and up to £1m in value.
You will contribute to the creation of the environment which enables our talented and motivated team members to do great work.
This role would suit someone with at least two years’ relevant project management experience and who has a passion for digital design customer research.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Manage projects from conception to delivery, including:
- Communication: Liaise effectively with internal and external project teams and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Scoping: Define project scope, goals and deliverables, project plans and budgets. Where required negotiate with departmental managers for required personnel.
- Tracking: Plan, schedule and track project milestones and deliverables, recommend budget changes where necessary.
- Crisis management: Proactively manage scope changes, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Manage and motivate project teams – usually consisting of 1-5 consultants and/or contractors.
Required skills and experience
- At least three years’ relevant project management experience.
- Experience in project planning, scheduling (ideally using a work management platform such as WorkFront) and managing multiple projects in parallel is a must.
- Accustomed to handling budgets that range from £20k to excess of £500K.
- Ideally has experience running digital design customer research focused projects working with skilled UX professionals.
- A sound understanding of PM best practice and business process.
- Confident client facing and able to form a strong relationship with clients.
- Managing multiple projects in a fast paced high pressure environment.
- Advanced user of basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Project).
- Proven experience following the principles of a successful project methodology.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent client relationship skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions.
- Excellent communication skills: You must be fully-confident taking on a client-facing role with the necessary skills required to work with and manage clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Passion and creative thinking: We’re passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-added services to our clients.
- Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation. Achieving this, especially when under pressure, is a critical success factor for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborate thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to Carolina: firstname.lastname@example.org