Full time, London or Norwich
Resourcing is the key to keeping our portfolios moving and growing. It’s a big challenge as you’ll need to understand every aspect of how Foolproof works. You’ll help manage teams into and out of projects, support us to constantly improve what we do and generally ensure that the whole thing keeps rolling, smoothly and professionally.
You will be in a position to have a major impact on how work flows through the teams, bringing your experience and knowledge in similar roles to help make improvements to our processes and systems.
This is a key role within Foolproof and you are always going to be busy but if you’ve got the passion and ability to succeed you will be in a place where you can make a real difference.
What you’ll be doing
You need to have a passion for people and making things happen as you’ll be trying to organise creative and innovative people across multiple projects and disciplines. Some of the things you’d be responsible for are:
- Getting the right people onto the right projects at the right time - this is a live, ongoing process and critical to the functioning of the business.
- Ensuring people know what they are working on and where they need to be.
- Ensuring stakeholders have visibility of workload and availability.
- Finding the best option for the resourcing of projects outside of the team if needed; via partners, agencies or direct contacts.
- Helping to identify, recommend and organise opportunities for the career development and training of our consultants and designers.
- Planning holiday requests and sorting out other absences.
- Reporting – as we all need to know how we’ve done and how we’re doing.
- Helping to familiarise new starters with life at Foolproof.
- Supporting the Operations team and covering during holidays.
What we expect from you
Ideally you have experience in a similar role, though if you have significant experience managing people and projects in an agency or design environment you will have the right basic skillset.
You must know your way around Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Previous experience using the scheduling system Workfront would be helpful.
Your ability to communicate and your personality are key to succeeding in this role. You must:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people from all disciplines, both verbally and via email.
- Have incredibly effective negotiation skills.
- Be an outstanding time manager – both yours and everyone else’s.
- Be more organised that everyone else around you and think ahead.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise work - again, both yours and others.
- Be flexible - have some common sense and take the initiative.
- Be able to solve problems that arise in imaginative ways – daily!
- Work independently when needed but always as part of the team.
- Deal well with consistently busy days and queues at your desk without losing your cool.
- Be able to deal with sensitive or difficult issues and handle confidential matters discreetly and professionally.
- Bring passion, experience and energy to the team - a good sense of humour definitely falls under this category.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborate thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to HR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org