Senior Front-end Developer
London or Norwich
Foolproof’s vision is to improve the lives of billions of people, by helping them to live differently through the experiences we design.
We are looking for another exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design to join our creative studio. They will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients.
Foolproof fosters a supportive environment in which you can continue to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Our senior front-end developers are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
As part of our three-stage interview process, you will be expected to present examples of your work that demonstrates your ability to deliver front-end code for complex interaction design problems, and then undertake a practical front-end development task.
- Minimum of four years working as a front-end developer on high profile digital products or services, preferably agency but client side will be considered
- Proficient with Git and version control
- Experience using frameworks like Angular 2, React, as well as web services and RESTful APIs is a plus
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and full stack development teams
- Experience of industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on)
- Experience of evaluative research as a way of validating and iterating solutions is preferable, using rapid wireframing and prototyping tools
- Understanding of atomic design and front-end development principles
- Understanding of W3C and WCAG accessibility guidelines
- Understanding of backend languages, such as PHP or Python
As a practitioner
- Accountable for writing and developing front-end code to meet the requirements of the product, project or programme owner
- Presenting rationale for the decisions taken to clients, under the guidance of Principal Developers and the Creative Director
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints or objectives
- Proactively share project progress for review by your peers and the rest of the studio
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work
As a mentor
- Attending regular meetings with your mentees to discuss and assess their work
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, and attending or speaking at industry conferences
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times
- A creative, inquisitive mind set
- An insistence on following human centered design principles
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills
- Fastidious attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company. We offer a competitive salary, regular reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in a culture of learning and development. You will be provided
with a mentor and line manager to monitor your progress, and access to a training budget to help you deepen and widen your skills.
We hold Smart Sessions each Wednesday where Foolproofers share their knowledge with the rest of the team, and quarterly company away days, where we share our experiences, and prototype new ways of thinking.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV, covering note and portfolio to our HR Coordinator: email@example.com