Tim Loo, Director of Strategy, was recently invited to participate in an intimate Q&A by Group Think to talk about all things experience strategy.
- Experience strategy not a separate thing to business strategy, but rather a subset of it, and it helps you answer questions like: which markets should we invest in? How do you make money? How does the brand feel?
- It’s important that leadership gets onboard and starts to talk about customer-centricity and improving the experience and closing the gap between expectations and reality.
- Experience strategy is about creating stuff that is persuasive enough to get used and creates change.
- A prototype is always better than a PowerPoint, since you can’t have too much interpretation to the work.
- One aspect of your role as a strategist is in providing clients with a predictive model of the future - confidence that doing X will lead to Y.
- When developing personas it’s more about behavioural segments.
- Design personas for where the value is - it’s about making something simple and usable for the organisation.
- If you have any sense of how customers feel about something, it’s the path to caring about changing it.
Read the full Q&A with Tim Loo on Group Think.
Group Think are dedicated to developing the next generation of strategists and host small Q&As with Heads of Strategy and Strategy Directors.