Welcome to our interview series on experience design strategy. In the third of a series of videos talking with global leaders and experts in user experience strategy we interview Jaime Levy, author of ”UX Strategy”, College Professor, UX Strategy Consultant, and public speaker.
In this 40 min video we discuss what a UX strategist does, how to overcome time constraints while writing a book for changing technologies, and why UX needs to be focused at business people. We also go over the 4 tenets of UX strategy according to Jaime Levy and why prototyping early is essential to strategy.
Having trouble viewing this video, watch it on YouTube.
Our next interview will be with Pamela Pavliscak, Experience Design Strategist. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out on this interview.
- What a UX strategist does [3:38]
- The challenges with writing a book and how to overcome them [6:17]
- Why the “UX Strategy” book is written for business people, not UX strategists [10:54]
- Jaime’s UX strategy framework [15:22]
- The 4 tenets of UX strategy [18:30]
- Tenant #1: business strategy [20:09]
- Tenant #2: validate user research [21:05]
- Tenant #3: value innovation [22:54]
- Tenant #4: killer UX [24:55]
- Why Airbnb succeeded and their competitors failed [26:00]
- How prototyping early is essential to strategy [30:01]
- Why programs are more important than products [34:15]
- Why enterprises need to experiment [37:10]