Welcome to our interview series on experience design strategy.
In the first of a series of videos talking with global leaders and experts in user experience strategy we interview Paul Bryan, Consultant Strategist and Founder of the UX Strat conference and masterclass programme.
In this 40 min video we discuss some of the more fundamental questions about UX Strategy including a potential shift to Experience Design (XD) Strategy; the core elements of a UX Strategy and Planning process; the conditions needed and barriers to experience design; and some tips for anyone considering a career as a UX Strategist.
Having trouble viewing this video, watch it on YouTube.
Our next interview will be with Ronnie Battista, Experience Design Strategist. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out on this interview.
- How Paul got into experience design [1:13]
- Definition of UX strategy [3:48]
- Renaming UX Strat conference as XD Strat [5:41]
- How agile and lean are a step back for user experience design [7:17]
- The core elements of the UX Strategy and Planning process [8:59]
- How to build influence in legacy companies [11:18]
- UX Strategy - the maturity curve [13:06]
- UX strategy and organisational barriers [14:33]
- The role of an experience design strategist [24:04]
- Advice for pursuing a career in experience design strategy [27:37]
- Why building relationships is essential for successful strategy [30:22]
- Why a data focused approach is important for strategy [32:52]
- The future of experience design Strategy [34:45]
- Connect with Paul on Twitter
- UX Strat Conference
- Strategy and Planning Group on LinkedIn
- More useful articles for Developing a UX Strategy
- Find out about our Strategy & Planning practice