We have an opening for an Account Director to take responsibility for the management and growth of leading UK and global brands. Your focus may concern established Key Accounts, as well as developing new accounts.
As Account Director, you will work with a diverse team including a Client Partner, Principal Strategist and a number of specialist practitioners across our experience design studio.
You will take responsibility for shaping our internal resources to match the needs of your clients and play the lead role in setting the growth strategy across your client relationships. In this role you will report to the Senior Account Director and work closely with Practice Heads in Project Office, Strategy & Planning and Experience Design.
Your primary responsibility will be managing the overall commercial success of your client relationships, meeting growth forecasts by securing new work, broadening and deepening client relationships and pioneering new service offerings.
This role demands a strategic thinker with excellent stakeholder and vendor management skills as well as experience in pitching for high value projects and negotiating complex contracts. You will already have a demonstrable track record in both winning and delivering high value work for major brands in the UK and internationally. You must be familiar with, and an advocate of, user-centred design processes.
- You will be an advisor to your clients, developing solutions to business problems that create successful business outcomes and encourage positive organisational change.
- Ownership and control of a Key Account relationship and their commercial targets; providing and owning plans and forecasts for client development and revenue generation on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Proactive development and management of relationships with senior clients and stakeholders to open up new project and programme opportunities and revenue streams.
- Mobilising and delivering compelling pitches in response to competitive briefs.
- Development and negotiation of high value commercial contracts and service level agreements.
- Line manager and mentor, responsible for developing knowledge and confidence within the wider Client Services team.
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in client services.
- Ownership and control of sales targets and delivery budgets in excess of £2M.
- Significant experience in a digital agency setting.
- Familiarity with user-centred design processes.
- Excellent skills in stakeholder management at all levels.
- Contract negotiation, budget management and financial reporting.
- Ability to travel inside the UK and internationally and to be based in client offices when required.
- Excellent client relationship skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions.
- Excellent communication skills: You must be fully-confident taking on a client-facing role with the necessary skills required to work with and manage clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Passion and creative thinking: We’re passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-added services to our clients.
- Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation. Achieving this, especially when under pressure, is a critical success factor for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we all have generous individual training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to email@example.com.