Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We challenge old ideas which slow down positive design-led change. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar, to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As an Assistant Accountant/Management Accountant at Foolproof, you will be our go-to for all matters relating to finance. This is a diverse and varied role that encompasses all areas of finance. You will be working very closely with our Financial Controller to manage the finances for Foolproof as well as working with our parent company Zensar.
This role will suit you if you have excellent attention to detail combined with excellent numeracy and you are comfortable building relationships with people across a business through different channels.
Role and responsibilities
- Handling the Sales Ledger function involving setting up of clients/projects in Oracle, co-ordination with Client Services and Project Management teams for billing information, month-end revenue recognition, monitoring debtors and following up with clients/escalating as required, applying remittances against invoices.
- Co-ordinating for Purchase Ledger function including tracking purchase invoices and arranging for approval from respective departments.
- Sending invoices to shared service department in India for recording. Co-ordinating with suppliers for any queries and ensuring payments are completed on time.
- Handling credit cards and expense claims, coordinating with team members, checking expenses against receipts and against team handbook, accounting for the same and processing payments.
- Preparing monthly payroll file in co-ordination with HR teams.
- Liaising with payroll consultant for payroll processing.
- Making salary and PAYE payments.
- Posting payroll journals.
- With HR, handling team member queries.
- Processing BACS and cheque payments, co-ordination with the bank for information/clarifications, bank reconciliation, petty cash control.
- Preparing the month-end accrual and prepayment journals and entering the same.
- Supporting preparation of monthly MIS packs for 2 legal entities in the UK and Singapore
- Supporting quarterly and annual audits by providing information and explanations to the auditors.
- Systems implementation: we are planning to implement expense and purchase order modules and you will take an active part in the implementations.
- Preparing quarterly VAT return workings and filing and preparing annual P11D’s.
- Supporting other Finance related activities as required.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work with people at all levels.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Able to work under your own initiative as well as collaborate with others
- An accounting-related qualification/part-qualified.
- Experience of ERP system - Oracle experience is preferable however training will be provided.
- Experience of working in a Financial department or subsidiary of a multinational organisation is preferable.
- Experience of working with offshore shared service teams is preferable. The role involves regular coordination with head office and shared service teams in India.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our offices in Norwich and Reading as required.
How to apply