Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
Our Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 14 and our business continues to grow rapidly. Our team of UX consultants and designers help our global and local clients create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
The role at a glance
This role is for creative thinkers who share our commitment to using data and human insight to drive design thinking and uncover opportunities for creatively solving our client’s design challenges.
As a Consultant you will be responsible for providing UX and digital design consultancy to some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands. We are looking for an early-stage research practitioner in the field of experience design to join our Singapore studio. Success in this role comes from consistently delivering excellent work and making rapid progress in your own skills development.
If you want to do interesting, challenging work in a cheerful, supportive environment, this might be the job for you.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow as a practitioner.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Conduct user research using a variety of methodologies such as one-to-one interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, focus groups and remote research, with proficiency in at least one methodology to independently deliver quality insights.
- Develop customer insights to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve your clients’ project and commercial objectives.
- Write and present persuasive and authoritative reports and presentations.
- Be a valuable member of multi-disciplinary teams working on larger design and build programmes by providing customer insight and shaping every aspect of the product or service we are creating.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Evangelise and espouse Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice – evidence-based creativity – both internally and externally.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team.
As a Foolproofer
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Aside from contributing to Foolproof’s blog, social channels and white papers, you are encouraged to attend and speak at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Uphold the company’s values at all times.
- An inquisitive, growth-focused mindset.
- An ability to hustle, making opportunities out of nothing.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of new information and sense-make.
- Demonstrate critical thinking including discerning questions, credibility of data, what constitutes as insight etc.
- Excellent communication skills from internal emails to reports and client presentations. This includes strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to craft narratives to deliver messages with impact a plus.
- A collaborative team player with excellent time management.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with colleagues and clients.
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of return on investment and metrics & measurement.
- Commitment to evidence-based and insights-driven creativity in design.
- Competent using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prototyping know-how and use of industry-standard prototyping software (e.g. Axure, InVision, etc.) a plus.
- At least three years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Knowledge and experience conducting research across a range of qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies (e.g. in-depth interviews, quantitative surveys, etc), with the confidence to conduct research with minimal supervision.
- Experience using secondary research methods, such as desk research, landscape mapping, trends research, competitor analysis.
- Likely educated to degree level (computer science, HCI, business, psychology or design).
- Experience managing stakeholders.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 20 days holiday which increases to 25 days with service. Plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.