Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
This role is for creative thinkers who share our commitment to using data and human insight to drive design thinking and uncover opportunities for creatively solving our client’s design challenges.
As a Consultant you will be responsible for providing UX and digital design consultancy to some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands. As someone in the early stages of their career in experience design, success in this role comes from consistently delivering excellent work and making rapid progress in your own skills development.
If you want to do interesting, challenging work in a cheerful, supportive environment, this might be the job for you.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead, manage and deliver a wide range of user experience projects, taking responsibility for the quality of thinking and deliverables, making sure they run to time and budget.
- Conduct user research using a variety of methodologies such as one-to-one interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, focus groups and remote research.
- Develop customer insight to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve your clients’ project and commercial objectives.
- Writing and presenting persuasive and authoritative reports and presentations.
- Be a valuable member of multi-disciplinary teams working on larger design and build programmes by providing customer insight and shaping every aspect of the product or service we are creating.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client presentation.
- You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment and online marketing metrics, and complete commitment to evidence and insight as the back-bone of design.
- Impeccable relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, competent using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- One to two years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behavior and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of research and design methodologies.
- Experience of secondary research methods, such as desk research, landscape mapping, trends research, competitor analysis.
- Likely educated to degree level (computer science, HCI, business, psychology or design).
Career progression and skills development
We see this role as the beginning of your career with us and expect you to make rapid progress in your own skills development. We’re hiring for what you’ll be like in 3-5 years’ time as much as what you are like today.
At Foolproof, we put a great emphasis on personal growth. We’ve created an environment where…
- You can learn a lot and learn it quickly.
- You have the support you need to achieve your goals.
- Your time spent at Foolproof is a pivotal learning experience in your career.
To make this possible, you’ll be surrounded by a team of experienced practitioners who can give you the coaching, mentoring, feedback and support that you need. We have a track record of developing people; many of our team joined at an entry level and have grown their careers at Foolproof.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.