Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
You’ll be a big part of a small team that supports users over the phone, remotely and face to face across 3 different sites for all IT related issues from forgotten passwords to resolving urgent technical research issues to digging into third line problems. In conjunction with a third-party IT provider, you will also work on larger projects such as network upgrades, security and system changes.
We’re looking for someone who has the initiative to deal with whatever problems crop up, to prioritise and communicate effectively. This role offers a great opportunity to get involved in all aspects of IT support and take on additional responsibilities.
You’ll pick up whatever needs doing to keep the business running but this will be broadly across the following areas:
- Resolving user-reported issues when they arise at first and second line level within the SLA timeframes.
- Running and maintaining both our in-house user research labs and client labs, ensuring all IT equipment is fully functioning and kept up to date and in-line with the latest technologies.
- Ongoing maintenance work and proactive testing of equipment and processes.
- Following processes and requirements for starters and leavers including building laptops and account creation.
- Working with third-party IT providers to keep all services working effectively.
- Keeping all existing IT processes documented and up to date, creating new documentation when required and briefing new starters and project teams.
- Help to manage and provide technical support for larger IT projects.
- Providing out of hours IT support on events hosted by Foolproof (typically around one per month).
You will need to be in the London office by 8.45am most days, and 8.30am on research days.
Although this role will be predominantly based in our London office, you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich once a week.
Technical skills & experience
A specific IT qualification is desirable but not required as long as you can demonstrate high general technical competence and a good breadth of knowledge. You’ll have proven customer-centric IT service delivery experience working in a high availability environment, working on live systems where reliability, uptime and meeting SLA’s are crucial.
Demonstrable experience with:
- Both Windows 10 and Mac OS environments.
- Active Directory and group policies.
- Exchange/exchange online and administration.
- Office 365.
- Office 2016 for both Mac and Windows using calendars, delegate access and permissions.
- Printer management.
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing environments, specifically Axure.
- Working knowledge of voice platforms (e.g. VoIP, Skype for Business) and AV.
- Working knowledge of networking TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN and Cisco Meraki Firewall, Switches and Wireless Access Points.
- Ability to apply ITIL processes.
- Good knowledge of IT concepts and architectures.
- Understanding of information security requirements including data protection.
- Experience in supporting Android and iOS mobile devices.
We use the following technologies so specific experience with these will be an advantage: Office 365, Avaya, Meraki, Intune, Windows Deployment Services, Okta, Box, Slack.
Whilst you need to know your stuff technically, how you deal with issues and communicate is just as important.
- Excellent communicator - our IT team need to be both technically competent and with the communication skills to talk to non-technical users and also to go into the technical detail as required.
- Attention to detail – you follow processes and ensure that loose ends are tied up.
- You have great customer service skills and demonstrate this via your communication, knowledge, attention to detail and ability to get things done.
- Strong organisational skills - including planning, prioritising, timekeeping and meeting deadlines.
- You take responsibility for your tasks and proactively raise tickets, take ownership, make suggestions and ask questions both internally and with third parties to ensure that we’re working as effectively as possible.
- You must be confident in handling problems, asking for help as needed, and in identifying solutions. Be open to learning and listening to the input of others.
- You have a strong work ethic. You pick up tasks with little fuss be it technical or administrative, asking for help as needed. You are flexible to changing situations and timings and always willing to pitch in with the team.
- Proactive –where something needs to be done you do it without being asked, where processes don’t exist you work to create them, where help is needed you get involved.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service. Plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to email@example.com