Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
This contract-to-hire position or permanent role, is responsible for leading a program of Mendix development capability for a BFSI Client, to deliver cutting edge customer-facing applications.
Role and responsibilities
- The role demands continuous on the job learning of new technologies and mentoring of development teams.
The Tech Lead will be expected to demonstrate products and conduct workshops as required.
Scoping and executing proof-of-concept activities around the Mendix platform.
Creation of standard work instructions and support documentation for custom software.
Accountable for writing and developing code to meet the requirements of the product, project or program owner.
Presenting rationale for the decisions taken to clients, under the guidance of Principal Developers and the Creative Director.
Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
Proactively share project progress for review by your peers and the rest of the Studio.
Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
Collaborate with members of the project team (including designers and back-end developers) to consistently improve functionality and user-centricity of web applications.
Maintain up to date knowledge of the development community and any advancements in technology and share your knowledge with the Studio and the wider business.
Aptitude to learn and improve, with determination to experiment with technology and to work well and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Able to work well in a distributed team environment and under pressure.
You enjoy working together with the business to create new capabilities.
You enjoy working in a team and are a good team player.
You have an analytical mindset and can form logical steps from complex processes.
An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Fastidious attention to detail.
An entrepreneurial spirit.
Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems, computer science or related discipline required.
- 3 years of Mendix experience with a Mendix Advanced Developer or Mendix Expert Developer certification.
- 5-10 years of experience with enterprise architecture.
- Experience across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle required.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development methodologies as well as DevOps principles solutions is preferable, using rapid wireframing and prototyping tools is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Web API design and security.
- Understanding of Mendix application architecture, design, implementation, integration and testing.
- Experience with automated testing for web and mobile applications.
- Experience with Git or SVN based source code repositories.
- Experience in finance services/a fintech is a plus, however not mandatory.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service. Plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.