Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
Our Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 14 and our business continues to grow rapidly. Our team of UX consultants and designers help our global and local clients create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
The role at a glance
We are looking for an exceptional practitioner in the field of experience design to join our Singapore studio. You will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions and design strategy for our globally recognised clients. You will work with our clients from discovery to delivery, leading multidisciplinary teams to create tangible results for their business and their customers.
You live and breathe all things design and don’t settle for anything less than perfect. You have a strong command of visual design, interaction design and can communicate the underlying principles and theories to those around you.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners. Our Principals are encouraged to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Deliver design concepts, solutions and strategies to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in a high degree of visual fidelity and detail as needed.
- Shape, evangelise and espouse Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice - evidence-based creativity - internally and externally.
- Help influence a culture of constructive critique within the studio, for design and design research.
- Knowledgeable in various qualitative and quantitative design research methodologies, and their application within a design approach.
- Present design and creative thinking to clients, drawing on relevant research insights to ground recommendations and decisions.
- Lead and facilitate workshops with senior stakeholders.
- Shape conversations with clients on key metrics for success and return of investments on design / product initiatives.
- Support our Client Engagement team by growing and nurturing long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
As a manager and mentor
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times.
- Inspire and motivate the Singapore Studio to continuously develop and improve their craft.
- Manage the team and organise regular meetings with your team members - to discuss and assess their work.
- Challenge yourself and others to think creatively and improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending and speaking at industry conferences.
- Uphold the company’s values at all times.
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills including open listening.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Minimum of six years delivering design solutions and strategies for high profile digital products or services, preferably agency but client side will be considered.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities as well as the ability to articulate, rationalise and document visual directions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, as well as app environments.
- A deep understanding of visual design and how it’s applied to interaction and user interface design to improve clarity of communication.
- Experience in mentoring and managing cross-disciplinary teams, including designers and design researchers.
- Undertaking of primary and secondary research, as a core part of your design process and integrate into product development sprints.
- Pitching and winning new business accounts.
- Experienced using industry-standard design visualisation software (for example Sketch, Adobe, etc.).
- Experienced using industry standard prototyping software (for example Principle, Axure, Sketch, Framer, Origami, etc.).
- Recognised degree-level qualifications (e.g. graphic, experience or digital design, HCI) or relevant hands-on experience.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 20 days holiday which increases to 25 days with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.