Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
Foolproof's Project Coordinator’s are unique individuals. Combining a passion for experience design with sharp business acumen, they have responsibility for overseeing the delivery of our smaller-scale, single discipline client engagements, as well as being key members of our PMO team. They possess good understanding across commerciality, delivery and operations, so are effective in keeping track of all aspects of a project and ensuring the Delivery Practice runs smoothly.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide effective management support to small-scale and single discipline project teams, responsible for resourcing, status and financial reporting, tracking progress to plan and monitoring key risks and issues. Typically resourced a few hours per project per week. May also assist Project Managers on larger projects.
- Work with project teams to manage change, devise contingency plans and help resolve problems as and when they are encountered.
- Provide the conduit between the project team and Finance department to ensure invoicing data is compiled and shared as per the standard Foolproof invoicing process.
- Conduct/attend post-project reviews, compile and distribute lessons learned, ensure learnings are applied to future projects.
- Demonstrate a caring and protective attitude to your project teams and help create the conditions for project success.
- Set up and implement governance standards across the Delivery Practice, including benefits realisation, change control and quality assurance.
- Support the creation of a repository of project templates, both technical and management, to aid the Delivery Practice. Continue to evolve the processes and templates over time.
- Gather and collate status reporting from across the Delivery Practice, providing a single source of information to senior management to guide decision-making. To be prepared and distributed weekly.
- Analyse data and project information, driving efficiencies, improve processes, identify new opportunities. Share knowledge with the wider business.
- Liaise between project and practice teams and our Resourcing department, ensuring rotation is planned, contractor notice periods are highlighted, roll-off/roll-on/handovers are scheduled and new joiners are on-boarded effectively.
- Monitors industry standards, ensures software, methods, processes and training is up to date.
- Support our Client Services, Practice and Operations teams in thinking differently about project delivery, IT delivery and offshore delivery.
- Organised – you must be comfortable maintaining a to-do list, effectively prioritising tasks and seeing the ‘bigger picture’, flexible to change and able to multi-task.
- Attention to detail – you must be meticulous in your analysis of project plans, risks, issues, budgets, financials and other project data.
- Confident verbal communicator – you must be able to interact effectively with all members of Foolproof’s business, building rapport and confidence in your management and control of projects. You should communicate clearly and unambiguously.
- Strong written communicator – you will be expected to deliver a range of different types of document, from email to presentation, reports to spreadsheets, so your ability to write clearly, concisely and sensitively is critical, adapting your style as necessary to the recipient in question.
- Reliable – you should give senior leadership confidence through accurate information, delivered consistently and in a timely manner.
- User of Microsoft suite, in particular Excel where strong data manipulation skills are desired.
- User of Microsoft Project or equivalent project planning tools.
- Some experience in project planning, scheduling and team management.
- Understanding in a variety of delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile), a project management qualification is preferred.
- Experience working in an agency environment and in a user experience/experience design/usability setting is preferred.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service. Plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.