Reporting to the Senior Client Engagement Director and working closely with the Managing Director, you will support the growth of our wide-ranging portfolio, which includes some of the biggest and best brands in Singapore. You will also provide project management support across all client account teams.
Founded in 2002 in Norwich, UK, Foolproof’s Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 17 and are looking to double our team as our business grows rapidly.
Our team frequently conducts design research throughout the APAC region, and we help our clients, headquartered locally and globally, create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather.
Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
Our office enjoys a start-up mentality where everyone is invited to take part in building the company vision and creating the experience design agency we want to work in. We give the opportunity to our team members to define what they want to do beyond their job description and will support them to be successful in taking its ownership.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the very best place we can for our people, and to help them develop their careers while they are with us. We are seeking someone to join our growing team here in Singapore who is a self-starter capable of leading projects and scoping programmes of work. As a part of the Delivery team, you will work closely with our team in the UK and have the opportunity to grow professionally by helping establish the Delivery practice in Singapore.
As a Project Manager, you will work closely with the Client Engagement team in developing client programmes, plan and implement projects, define timelines and activities in collaboration with stakeholders, and resolve changes in scope, issues and risks that may impede project implementation. You will be responsible for helping assign talent and resources to the most appropriate projects and will provide coaching to improve the performance of team members.
Guiding the team to meet overall objectives of the projects, you possess excellent time management skills and are able to prioritise tasks. Lastly, you are also familiar with quality assurance practices which ensure the quality of our deliverables.
Critical work functions and key tasks
- Programme development: Partner closely with the Client Engagement team in developing projects into programmes of work and support in proposal writing, contributing to the sales pipeline.
- Develop, implement, and manage projects: Define project scope, goals and deliverables, project plans, and budgets. Ensure consistency in project scope, role definition, and performance expectations. Manage multiple projects across clients from initiation through execution, ensuring project teams are fully briefed on the project objectives, setup, timelines, and required deliverables.
- Tracking: Plan, schedule, and track project milestones and deliverables, recommend budget changes where and when necessary allowing time for the business to take action. Maintain all internal reporting systems and manage the project invoicing process, with support as required.
- Communication: Liaise effectively with internal and external project teams and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders. Liaise with Client Engagement, keeping the team abridge of key decisions which may impact commercials or client relationships.
- Problem solving: Proactively manage and document scope changes, identify, track, and resolve issues and risks within the project team. Escalate as required. Act as an internal business consultant and advise stakeholders on overall profitability, forecast resourcing needs and raise issues when needed.
- Resource management: Develop resource plans using resource scheduling tools. Support Resourcing team to identify, onboard, monitor and/or change project resource profile. Coordinate capabilities, workload, and resources across multiple projects organising project teams, as well as defining a clear path and plan in efforts to minimise bureaucracy for team members.
- Influence organisational development: Provide on the job training of the Delivery Practice for team members.
Required skills and experience
- Relevant project management experience specifically leading small-mid scale digital design projects and UX (< 12 weeks’ duration; delivery budget < $100k to $300k). A working understanding of associated financial processes. Formal training in an Agile project methodology (e.g. SCRUM) which facilitates project planning, scheduling and management is ideal.
- Experience managing multiple projects in parallel in a fast-paced high-pressure environment is a must with a team of two or more UX consultants and designers - developers an added advantage.
- Worked in a project-based environment and had responsibility for delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- An interest and understanding of how a business works – its strategy, structure, management, and operations.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with project-level clients; Confident in client facing roles and with the ability to form a strong relationship with clients.
- Competent user of Microsoft Project or equivalent project planning tools and advanced user of basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience using at least one requirements management tool (e.g. JIRA, VSTS).
- Attention to detail – you must be meticulous in your management of the project plan, budgets, risks and issues, and able to multi-task.
- Good verbal and written communicator. You must be able to interact effectively with clients and Foolproof colleagues, building rapport and confidence in your leadership of the project, as well as with delivery teams in the UK. You will be expected to deliver a range of different types of document, from emails to presentations, specifications to spreadsheets, so your ability to write clearly, concisely, and accurately is important.
- Business acumen. You are able to understand various business models and can negotiate both internally with colleagues and externally with clients.
- A strong work ethic, able to control a delivery team, some with a lot of experience and varying priorities, towards one goal.
- Able to identify situations where politics may be influencing decision making and/or when team members may be struggling to balance priorities and ask for help as needed.
- You should be decisive in your actions, but also flexible to change if warranted in the future. You pick up tasks with little fuss, be it commercial, administrative, people-focused or strategic, asking for help as needed.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, 20 days’ holiday (which increases to 25 with long service awards), and medical benefits.
We believe in collaborative thinking and learning. We host sessions every Thursday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team; we have quarterly company away days where we get together to share company updates; and we make a concerted effort to share our knowledge with the local UX design industry.
Finally, we have generous departmental training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
We’re looking for people who share our passion, commitment and sense of fun to join the team at this exciting time. If you're ready to apply please use the careers form on our contact page. If you have any more general questions feel free to drop us an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org.