Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and conducting user research, from identifying the best method to analysing results and making recommendations. While your role on projects will be focused on research, you will be working with designers to create the best solution for the client and their customers. As part of this role, you will also help to develop the skills of more junior members of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Plan, design and conduct usability research from developing customer recruitment briefs, through to research moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct research to gather insights for new product and concept developments (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches) to ensure user needs are fully understood.
- Communicate insight from user research using a number of formats (journey maps, personas, etc.) to enhance our team and our client’s understanding of their users.
- Be a valuable member of multi-disciplinary teams by providing customer insight and shaping every aspect of the product or service we are creating.
- Become a trusted advisor for our clients. Help grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objects, past projects and future ambitions.
- Express your thinking and advice effectively, both conversationally and in written form, persuading colleagues and clients of your point of view and creating the trust needed to follow your advice.
- Provide direction for our clients, balancing the needs of the business and those of their customers. Promote user-centred design thinking throughout their organisation.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
- Improve our people, practices and processes. Use your experience to teach more junior members of the team new skills and improve the way we work.
- Champion our culture and values.
- Three to five years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Your previous experience will have given you detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of research and design methodologies.
- Strong experience of conducting one-to-one interviews, focus groups, diary studies and ethnographic contextual enquiry.
- You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment and online marketing metrics, and complete commitment to evidence and insight as the backbone of design.
- Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client presentation.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills, competent using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Your first 6-12 months
Following your induction, your first project will be as a member of a 10-person Foolproof team at a client site. This role is 4 days on client site in Islington and 1 day at Foolproof Office near Old Spitalfields Market. You’ll be working closely with our client to design and conduct research on a variety of projects in the financial services sector.
After 6-12 months, we’ll review how you’re doing and either retain you in the team or create a plan to rotate off onto another project. At Foolproof, about half of our work is based at our clients’ offices in London and the other half is based in our office near Spitalfields.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.