Foolproof’s mission is to help people to live differently. By understanding people, we craft products and services which help them make sense of anything and give them confidence to make good decisions for themselves. Foolproof has been doing this for over fifteen years.
We’re developing always-on relationships with our clients and are thinking differently about shaping, scoping and delivering end-to-end programmes of work. This means we’re growing fast both in terms of the work we do and the people who work here.
Reporting to one of Foolproof’s Programme Managers, this role would suit someone who has experience leading delivery projects and shaping new opportunities - likely from a consultancy or digital agency background. You’ll have a strong interest in experience design, the desire to work in a creative agency environment and a solid understanding of IT delivery and offshore team management.
Role & Responsibilities
We look to our Senior Project Managers to be competent across three core skillsets, and to have experience in applying these skills to client engagements.
- Lead mid to large scale projects (3-6 months in duration), define project scope, identify key milestones, outline key deliverables, create project plans, proactively manage project budgets and contingencies, and manage the invoicing process.
- Set realistic deadlines, communicate consistently to key stakeholders and project teams, proactively identify and manage project risks/issues, and escalate as required.
- Liaise with the Resourcing team to identify/change resource profiles and communicate key decisions to Client Engagement which may impact commercials and client relationships.
- Uncover underlying business and process issues/opportunities and probe and challenge stakeholders when identifying delivery requirements.
- Validate and verify requirements, meet relevant quality standards, ensure this is approved by appropriate stakeholders, document in an easily shareable format.
- Own and develop our relationship with the client, be comfortable talking about your client's business, industry, goals, challenges and key technologies, identify and develop incremental growth opportunities and support Client Engagement in scoping these.
- Leading mid to large scale projects (3-6 months duration and ~ £500k budgets and associated financial processes) of multi-disciplinary teams in the UK and offshore, line managing and providing pastoral support to project team members.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project (or equivalent), experience leading waterfall projects and being part of agile teams, with 4 years' professional experience in a consulting or agency environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task with demonstrable business acumen, strong verbal and written communicator, you will be able to interact effectively with senior clients and Foolproof colleagues building rapport and confidence in your leadership of projects.
- Credible and proven problem solver who is confident in handling problems of varying complexity as well as identifying and driving pragmatic solutions. You will also be open to learning from, and listening to, others.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast growing, forward thinking company, and in a part of the business which is expanding rapidly.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we have generous departmental training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles and teams.